March 3, 2014

Adventures in Dating: Why?

I get a lot of people asking me why I'm doing online dating. "Why, why, why?" I'm now sure how to answer this because I feel like they secretly mean, "what's wrong with you that you can't meet a man in real life?" There's nothing fundamentally wrong with me. I know there are quirks, there always are, but to think that something's wrong is...well...is just plain wrong. I do have quite a number of friends that are supportive and might I say, enthusiastic, about my venture into the world of online dating and let me tell you, it's a world of it's own alright. It's a world where you have to be really good at sales because the product you're selling is yourself. It's a world where you're apparently allowed to be as rude, lewd or ill-tempered as you'd like because there's no one to hold you accountable for your words. It's a world where the purpose is to put yourself out there and hopefully experience something amazing, but instead you're often left feeling put off by your fellow man, nay human being. I feel like I've just listed a lot of negatives when in fact I've actually had some positives, but in the end I haven't met anyone I could envision a long term relationship (romantic or otherwise) with so I chalk that up to the negative column. Continue to read for more "Oh. My. God." moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment