February 23, 2014

Adventures in dating: The one where I get cursed out for doing something I thought was polite.

Note: All posts are verbatim. I have changed nothing, including grammar and punctuation (or lack thereof), except their screen name in order to protect the stupid.

youngdl173: Hey how are you? Im david nice to meet you

Me: Hi David, thanks for your interest, but I'm not interested. Cheers.

youngdl173: A simple non response would have worked but f**k you to! Cheers*

Me: Wow, manners much. And here I was thinking I was being nice. Why so angry? What was it about that message that elicited such a response from you? Just because this isn't 'real life' doesn't mean you can go around saying those things.

Me: And it's "f**k you too." Idiot.

-- 
1) I wasn't interested because he didn't capitalise his name which is A PROPER NOUN AND SHOULD ALWAYS BE CAPITALIZED. Unless he's an an animal, which based on his response, kind of seems like he might be.
2) What's a simple non response? Ignoring him? Sorry, but that's not me. I hate being ignored and therefore will not ignore someone. There are, of course, exceptions.
3) Why so angry chum? Seriously? How on earth was that an insult?
4) This is a perfect example of people thinking they can say whatever they want because it's online and there's no one to hold them accountable. If a girl ignored him in a bar would he react the same way? (I slightly afraid now that I've thought about that.)
*I edited the curse words because no one really needs that up in their face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment