June 14, 2011

Robocall telemarketers

I am pissed. I am so mad and there's nothing I can do about it!

Why? I get approximately 3 phone calls a day from unknown numbers with the same message:
"There are no problems currently with your account, however it is urgent that you contact us concerning your eligibility for lowering your interest rates to as little as 6 point 9 per cent" or "This is our final attempt to reach you since you’ve not responded to our other calls to discuss your credit card debt."

Unlike some poor (unfortunate) saps out there I know that this is a scam. So when I press the button they tell me to in order to speak with an "agent" I do it because I really want to talk to this person to tell them to take me off their list. I want to say, "Thank you kind agent but I don't currently use any credit cards that need a new lower interest. I do thank you for thinking of me and I bid you a good day. Since I've been so polite will you please take me off your calling list?" You'd think that since I was SO nice that they would acquiesce to my request? Yeah you'd think so. You know why you think so? Because you're a human being and they are devils. Less than human. The beetle that lives in the dung on the bottom of my shoe that I squish with each step. Every time I've asked to be removed from the list they've hung up on me. Three different agents, three different hang ups.

You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna talk to them next time. Tell them "Yes, I would love a new lower credit card rate. What's my name? It's Angelina Pitt. What's my social security number? 061-14-2011. I know! It's so similar to today's date, it's quite extraordinary."

All I have left to say is "I'm coming for you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment