March 22, 2009

Once again I've changed my mind about what I want to do with my life.

At first I was doing biology and going for medicine because my parents wanted that. Then I changed my mind to and decided to do law. Inever felt passionate or excited about that and decided to put it off for the time being. Maybe in a couple of years I'll think about it again. Then I decided to pursue a MA in History and Museum Studies and it's something I was quite happy about but I always had my reservations. Where would I get a job, how much would it pay, would I be secure, were all questions that plagued my mind.

This weekend I spoke with a friend of mine who told me that a MA is Public Health or a MPH might be a great path for me to take. I want to help the health care system but I know that I would not be able to cut bodies up, inject people, touch dead bodies, etc and therefore medical school is not the place for me.

It's not only the health care system but it's the way people are educated about diseases and the way to protect themselves and the millions of little things that plague our society and our world and the little ways one person can make a difference. I know that if I can help one person that'll make all the difference in the world. Hopefully I'll be able to accomplish this.


No comments:

Post a Comment