May 9, 2014

Adventures in Dating: Messages that would never get a response from any woman on this planet...

Okay, okay. I know that blog post title is über harsh, but I'm feeling slightly cranky this morning and really irritated with the way online dating is going. I spend more time fending off weirdos with freaky messages than meeting normal people. How would these men approach women in real life? Is this how they would present themselves for the first time? Not sure why they think it would go over well in cyber life. We have the same reaction: roll eyes and ignore.

1) U can't be real lol

2) Look..you have got an entry here :P

3) hi, hausau!! (He didn't even get my screen name right!)
You look awesome!!
but do you watch community?

4) Hey there
kaisi ho? how's your life going?
it's N here would you like to chat?
(He lives in India. I don't know what he thinks is going to happen and I don't understand people who want to be online friends.)

5) Howdy, here's to hoping that you want to get to know each other :) (Combined with his height of 5'3" there was no way this guy was getting a response. Kudos for being outgoing enough to message first.)

6) u very cute

7) Hey whtzup!!!
I like you plz reply me on ur opinion!!

8) Hi


How are you? You look exotic. What do you do for fun? (Nothing. I do absolutely nothing for fun.)

2 comments:

  1. Frogs & princes...the truth about online dating is that it's a numbers' game. I've been dating someone met online for over a year and he's amazing...but oh what I had to wade through! The best bit is the ones whose fingers fall off overnight and renders them incapable of completing (or ending) the conversation you were having. I could write a book...I had some pearlers come my way. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of hosting guest bloggers who want to share their funny or horror stories. If you're interested let me know! Would be great if you could share a story and the lessons you learned and what you hope people will take away from your experience. :)

    ReplyDelete