April 9, 2009

Turbulent Sea

Darkness lives inside me
A secret that I hide
The light that comes from all the rest
Is lost upon the tide


A touch of lightning – magic
Has left me marked and cold
I want…I need…I crave for me
A love that sells my soul


Like a turbulent sea
Pulling at me
I’m drowning in passion and fear
With all that I am – or ever will be
I must fight for what I hold dear


And I fight
For what is right
But shadows follow…
Me into the night


I sing and I cry and I scream at the night
To change an unchangeable fate


The wave crashes
In my heart
Darkness follows
Light departs


Like a turbulent sea
Pulling at me
I’m drowning


-Sheila Clover English

1 comment:

  1. I wrote that song after reading Christine Feehan's book Turbulent Sea. The book really touched my heart.
    For anyone who has ever loved someone who wasn't really good for them, that's what this is about.
    We can't control who we love. Who owns our heart. So we have to determine whether we will stay and fight for that relationship or if it is better to cast it out.
    Love is never easy, is it?

    Sheila Clover English

    ReplyDelete